Sunday, March 22, 2015

The End Is In Sight!

After a very long time, the fourth swatch is done! I really like this one, but the thread was so fine and the clasped weft took so long, I thought I would never finish it!


Swatch number 5 was fairly quick to finish. A honeycomb structure, with the green slub used to mark the top and bottom of each cell and the wild berry pink to highlight the middle of each cell.


The I moved onto one of the very first ideas I had, the horizontal rib to create blocks of colour. I wanted to use the sandalwood to show where the blocks overlapped and then shifted, but the line is too harsh. At the top of the final block of this I softened it by using clasped weft. I wish I had done this for the rest of it.


I wanted the next swatch to be bands of pointed diamonds, but I just can't get it right, so I've abandoned it for now and knocked out a swatch with bands of crepe separated with knicker elastic. Hopefully, it will pull the fabric in to make it crinkle.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog and thanks for share.Please check out my site alsoFree Hotmail contact number .I hope you like my site.

Unknown said...

It's a map that functions wooded piles, very long times of dirt streets, and a few outposts that house the five catch factors that provide as the factors of attention of Cure technique.
RS3 Gold

Unknown said...

We offer a huge choice of personally-inspected holiday cottages to rent in the UK and Ireland at fair and affordable prices. For more information please see : Holiday cottage

Unknown said...

Attending today's webinar we hope you found it interesting and informative our next webinar will be held on Thursday April 23rd 2015 at one o'clock PM central our speaker Pure Testo Xplode will be doctor James AK Reddy and he Pure Testo Xplode will be speaking on Involvement in vacuities doctor garret is a longtime member that the F medical consultants in scientific advisory board he is a professor of ophthalmology at the Mayo Medical School in Rochester Minnesota he is the author a co.

http://www.idolizeadvancedeyeserumfacts.com/pure-testo-xplode/